Earlier today, three taxis collided along the M4 South of Jacobs injuring 28 passengers. Paramedics have reported that injuries vary from serious to minor. Passengers must feel safe and secure when using the Minibus Taxis said the ACDP. The Minibus Taxis Industries need to address the following concerns proposed by the ACDP:
- Transportation of Public should be safe, efficient and affordable.
- Taxis are often seen as unsafe and abusive to passengers.
- Illegal operators create taxis violence which is threatening to passengers.
- The drivers face pressure to meet strict numbers in trips of passengers which affects their earnings.
- The brake pad and lining replacement is cheapest which affects the taxis safety.
- The driver attitude and road worthiness affects the safety of passengers in the taxis.
The ACDP calls on the Minister of Transport to address the Minibus Taxis Industries as the lives of South Africans are important. Lets put the people first and deliver efficient services.
#STAND, LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE